E-Commerce Business Website
In the UK, 1979, 38 year old Michael Aldrich put together Videotex, a sort of online shopping system. It displayed information on a television screen sent through a phone line, this was the advent of online orders, banking, and e-commerce. Fast forward to today, long after the internet was created, where sites like Amazon, eBay, and many independent e-stores are mere clicks away. The convenience and accessibility to products online has changed the environment that business is carried out in.
The question is, what can e-commerce do for you? Let’s take a look at some of the benefits!
– 24/7/365 access to your products by users all over the world!
– The costs of upkeep in an online store are much smaller than in a brick and mortar storefront
– You can create as many sales categories as you would like and expand your products to all sorts of potential buyers that are looking for your products.
– Upselling and cross-selling are easier to promote through having “related products” and “products frequently bought together” on the product page as well as checkout. Amazon and eBay are great examples of this sales technique and incorporating these into your site can yield many benefits.
– Adapting to your customer preference is easier with tools available to keep track of what they like and their behavior on your site.
– Collecting information has never been easier, especially through techniques of email marketing. You can collect emails to help convey deals and incentives to bring users back to your page and build loyal relationships with your customers.
– Social Media, a big part of online growth benefits from large ecommerce presence. People like to see products in action and interact with people who are interested in similar things.
Congregating on your social media properties and sharing their experiences accomplishes this and in effect, advertises for you through the power of suggestion.
Rule number one however, is to make sure if you decide to use e-commerce, you go all the way and don’t leave any functionality overlooked. A successful e-commerce site has lots of autonomy built in that is carefully monitored and can carry out tasks like processing payments securely, fulfilling orders, keeping track of inventory, and conveying messages to customers. All of this must be executed well to help customers feel safe using your store online, since a seamless experience is vital to online market success. Click4Corp is here to help bring your company to the world of e-commerce ready to compete in this ever enlarging marketplace.