If you are having trouble deciding how to promote your business with digital marketing or even what your options are, you are at the right place. In this blog, the team of digital marketing experts at Click4Corp will go over the six most effective ways to promote your local business in 2021:
1. Prioritize Facebook
Facebook is the world’s largest social networking site. How large? 2.79 billion active monthly users large, to be precise.
Advertising on Facebook—like other forms of social media marketing—can be an excellent way to stay connected with existing customers while also reaching out to new ones.
Facebook advertising can vary greatly depending on your industry, but here are some general guidelines:
- Create a Facebook business page with your contact information, business description, and a call-to-action, such as “visit our website” or “contact us.”
- Use Facebook Events to promote and increase attendance at your upcoming events.
- Go live on Facebook to engage with your audience in real-time.
2. Upload Videos on YouTube
With over 2.1 billion active monthly users globally, YouTube has pretty much become the second largest search engine behind Google.
Marketing your local business on YouTube is an excellent approach to engage with new customers. Uploading a short overview video of your business on YouTube provides you with a great promotional tool that you can use on the homepage of your website or email to potential customers.
You can use your YouTube channel to post instructional content to be discovered by people looking for what your business has to offer or add videos in your blog entries to boost their SEO value.
It is also worth noting that videos often appear at the top of search results for very niche queries.
3. Connect with Your Audience on Instagram
Instagram—a photo and video-sharing social networking service owned by Facebook—has over 1 billion monthly active users.
Thanks to its different social sharing options—standard posts and videos, short-lived stories, permanently pinned story highlights, short-form reels, long-form IGTV videos, and more—there are numerous ways to use Instagram to engage your audience and promote your local business.
With Instagram, you can do the following:
- Use hashtags to promote your sales and special offers to maximize your reach.
- Run promotions with free or discounted products/services to create a buzz around your local business (and get a list of leads to pursue.)
- Offer tips and tutorials to distinguish yourself as a go-to resource.
4. Implement SEO
It is one thing for you to market your local business—it is quite another for Google to do so.
SEO (short for Search Engine Optimization) refers to the practice of aligning your business with Google’s search algorithm and ranking system and improving your search ranking. When your local business is at the top of the search results, Google is essentially marketing it for you—and not just to anyone, but to people who are actively searching for what your business has to offer. It does not get any better than this.
SEO strategies to market your local business include:
- Adding relevant (industry and location-specific) keywords to certain sections of your website.
- Creating and publishing original, high-quality content.
- Keeping website performance and security high.
5. Publish Content Regularly
We touched on it briefly in the previous strategy, but content is such a crucial component of SEO that it truly deserves its own marketing strategy category.
Creating content in your brand voice, centered on questions and topics your target customers are searching for in Google (or “keywords”), can help you increase the odds of your local business ranking in search results. Content that demonstrates your competence, approachability, and genuine desire to help your audience is the ultimate marketing tool for your local business.
If you create content with relevance and quality in mind, your content will most likely get noticed by other trustworthy websites. These websites may mention and link back to your site on their site or social media posts, effectively marketing your local business for you.
Do not just publish your content—promote it! Promote your content on social media, via newsletters, or even as “available for download” guides to help you get more qualified leads.
6. Run Email Marketing Campaigns
Email marketing has been around for a pretty long time, yet it has not lost its value. In fact, the return on investment for email marketing can be as high as 3800%. That works out to $38 for every $1 spent on an email marketing campaign!
Email is a preferred communication channel for both consumers and businesses because:
- People like to be kept up to date.
- People check their email daily.
- Email offers detailed reporting.
- You can segment your email lists to send targeted, personalized emails.
- Email marketing solutions offer flexibility, creativity, and, most importantly, usability.
Regardless of your budget, there is a myriad of options for marketing your local business. Implementing the strategies in this blog will surely pay off, especially if you review and fine-tune your strategy regularly.
Click4Corp Can Help Your Local Businesses Its Bottom Line
If you want to make a strong impression in the digital world, turn to Click4Corp. Click4Corp is a Dallas, TX-based digital marketing agency with a team of professionals dedicated to ensuring your local business makes a big impression online. Give us a call at (469) 441 4678 or fill out an online form to get started.