How to Increase User Time on Your Website
- Create user friendly pages. One of the best ways to obtain loyal visitors is to make your website user friendly. Creating one which directly targets what the visitor wants is something that should be considered when going through the process of design and coding. As with the whole journey, the user experience should also be a top consideration. Create something that is appealing by adding visuals and stimulating materials and accent to your site, provide the appropriate messages, and catch the user’s attention with the right writing style and proper design.
- Add a forum and have a page for blog posts. Forums and blog posts allow your users to interact with your business and with other users. This also provides points of interest that will keep your visitors glued to your website. Make your blog posts and forums relevant to the focus of your website and provide regular and interesting topics which they can go through over time. Fascinating topics and articles would always make them want to come back and visit your sites because it provides them with information they need.
- Always put a call to action. Although this is intended for marketing strategies, having a call to action in your website provides your visitors with the next step they need to take in order to obtain what they want. Simple elements like a nice button that leads to the next link, or an image they can click that takes them to the next step are important to keep your visitors from leaving your site.
- Simplicity goes a long way. One of the surest ways to lose your visitors is to provide them with complicated design that makes them confused. Providing simple designs and the appropriate content will ensure that your visitors do not get information overload. Also, Google goes for relevant content with one of its algorithm criteria.
- Add interesting elements to your website. Adding a video or image related to your website’s contents is one way to increase traffic on your website. Not only will your users spend more time going through the video but related videos and images on your site adds value to your page and is another way of making your content interesting.