Trust Flow Can Make or Break Your Website
If you want your website to rank higher in the search rankings, it’s important to know how to increase your website trust flow. Trust flow is a metric based of the quality of the links to your website. Citation flow is a measure of the quantity of backlinks pointing to your site. Both of these metrics are used to predict how a website might rank in the search engines. Trust flow is proving to be a more relevant metric.
Imagine a website about basketball, but that website has a lot of links from websites focused on weight-loss products. How trustworthy would you consider that site to be? Sites with a lot of unrelated backlinks are viewed more negatively by the search engines.
Keep the following ideas in mind when trying to improve trust flow:
- Improve backlink quality. Guest posting is one way to acquire high-quality backlinks. Make use of social media. Avoid the mistake of ignoring your website’s inner pages.
- Improve backlink quality. A few high-quality links can do more to enhance the trust flow of your website than numerous poor-quality links. Focus on building links from authoritative sources within your niche. Links from .edu and .gov websites are also quite powerful.
- Guest posting is one way to acquire high-quality backlinks. You could guest post on an authority site, or invite someone to guest post on your website. The higher the quality of the other site, the more you’ll see your trust flow increase.
- Make use of social media. Sites like Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter have high trust and high authority. Create a profile and link to your website. Add a link to your website back to your social media profiles. Be active on social media.
- Avoid the mistake of ignoring your website’s inner pages. A natural linking profile will include links to multiple pages on your website, not just the front page.
Is your website trustworthy? The search engines are asking themselves that very question. Trust flow is a metric that attempts to determine how much the search engines trust your website. When you know how to increase your website trust flow, you have the ability to make your website more relevant.